Friday, September 21, 2007

What's in a name

So why Sea Comet you ask....It was the first username I had when I first went online in the mid 90s. I needed to come up with a user name for a BBS (Bulletin Board Service) that I wanted to join that would be difficult to change and wanted it to be unique and not too daggy. In the desperation that comes from a creative block I started looking through Children's books for inspiration.

Being a patriotic Aussie girl, I went back to my favourites, Blinky Bill, The Muddle Headed Wombat, The Magic Pudding and Snugglepot and Cuddlepie.

And that's where I found it. When Snugglepot and Cuddlepie ended up at the bottom of the ocean they met all kinds of creatures and saw all kinds of things. One of these was an underwater flower...the Sea Comet.

No comments: