Thursday, September 27, 2007

I am not a technophobe...

My family is not afraid of technology.

I still remember getting our first VCR when I was just a little tacker, my brother's excitement moderated by my cynicism that our parents couldn't have _possibly_ bought one and that it was simply something else in the video box (what I thought it could have been instead I still don't know.)

When we go to family gatherings there are often as many cameras as people, more if you count those of us with camera phones. If there's anything that goes undocumented by a photograph, it's usually not for want of trying.


With family that do a fair bit of overseas travel, and friends and family spread across the globe, we've already discovered photo sharing sites as a way of avoiding the old fashioned slide nights without overwhelming everyone's inboxes.

My sister even used one of these sites so we could all look at the photos taken with disposable cameras at her wedding without us all having to flick through the photos. It also saved me from getting in trouble for putting fingerprints on her prints!

My brother and his wife were also in Taiwan when they found out they were expecting their first child so for those of us back home, their blog was our only way to keep track of how they were going through my brother's regular musings and the regularly updated ultrasound photos. We almost felt more involved than when they had their second child here at home and the only ultrasounds we saw were on their fridge!




AMAZING!!!!!

No comments: