Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Zoho


This is more like it.  This kind of thing is what makes me excited about the whole Libraries 2.0 concept.  Tools that overcome the limitations of the stand alone pc which allow easy collaboration between workmates, family members and/or friends.

 

When I first saw Google Docs and now Zoho, I wished I'd known about it sooner.  I mean how much easier would it have been for my siblings and I to organise Mum and Dad's ruby anniversary do if we all had access to the same document rather than trying to keep up with who had the latest version.

 

Not to mention having access to documents from anywhere without having to email them backwards and forwards leading to the dreaded "Your inbox is over its size limit" message.

 

From a business perspective it would be useful for group projects, the final result could then be saved on a business drive without the limitless drafts that proceeded it.

 

It would also be great for home users who don't have a need for an Office Suite all the time but would like to occasionally use a word processor, spreadsheet etc.  Not to mention to have permanent online access to resumes etc....

 

The features also seem to be similar enough to other programs that you can just open them and go. 

 

No comments: