Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This is the end, my friend

Well, finally I am done. While I have enjoyed the discovery aspect of the project I have found that the suggested time allowance of 15 minutes a day was unrealistic. For most of the elements it was actually more effective to spend a larger block of time to work through the exercise rather than barely getting started in the 15 minutes and going back to it the following day. Often you'd have to redo what you'd already done or rethink what you'd already thought. Unfortunately, like all things like this where the aim is to expand your knowledge base with no particular goal in mind, it is very easy to push them aside when other, higher priority issues appear. It would also be very easy to spend a lot more time playing with different features and I'm sure this would benefit with the understanding and proficiency in different elements.

Hopefully, some of what I've done has sunk in and will come in handy either at work or in my personal life at a later stage. I guess it's a matter of keeping an eye out for opportunities to apply what we have learned and being conscious that new solutions are being created every day. It's a bit of a reminder that the problems we deal with are shared by other individuals or organisations across the world and they may have found creative solutions that we can apply. The beauty of web 2.0 is that they have made them available to the world to use, improve or build on. It's up to us to be open to their suggestions.

Over and out.

No comments: