Friday, November 30, 2007

Mmmmm, that's Del.icio.us

Now Del.icio.us is a site I can see being useful at work. For a lot of the steps so far in the Libraries 2.0 process I've felt like we were learning to play with toys that may be kinda cool to mess around with in our spare time. Del.icio.us looks like a practical tool which would have applications here at work. As my team deals with Interlibrary Loans, we have a lot of online resources that we use to verify details and find items or libraries. If I have time at another branch, or if someone else wants to try to process them, I have to rely on the old grey matter to remember where to look. This would make my bookmarks portable and easy to share which should help in workflows. It will also give me easy access to my favourite sites if I'm on leave or just away from my desk. The import/export option would also make it easy to update bookmarks for the customer service desk and to make sure both the del.icio.us and browser bookmarks match. I need to spend some time tagging my bookmarks to make it more effective but I'll have to leave that for another day.

No comments: